There's just no good title for this post....Smorgasbord, maybe?

Thank you to all who read and thought about or even commented on my previous post about Christianity.  I said in the post that I really felt a need to blog my thoughts. 

Now you can laugh or get that eeked out feeling or whatever, but I truly believe the Holy Spirit was working in my life when I thought about and then wrote that post.  I got to connect with a bunch of you on a whole new level and just today, one day after I blogged, I was:

1. loaned, by a good friend and coworker, a really cool pamphlet called, "Hard Questions about Christianity made easy".  It includes topics such as "Doesn't all the suffering in the world prove there is no God?", "Can sincere non-Christians get to Heaven?", and my favorite "What about those who have never heard?". 

2. asked to start an End Times DVD study with my cousin and her friend and neighbor who has studied the Bible lots (like way more than me ;) ). 

3. invited to participate in something called Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) this Fall.  It should work out perfectly because the BSF meetings are on Wednesday mornings - the days I do not work and when all 3 of my Snippets will be in school this year (sob!). 

Just in case it wasn't clear in my previous post - I am a believer and I believe that there is a God and that Jesus died for my sins.  And also, in case it wasn't clear, I'm a softy and I want everyone to be loved by God and get to go to Heaven.  Now I'll have the interesting opportunities to get my Biblical study under my belt.  I'm excited but also, to be truly honest, petrified.  In case it hasn't been clear to my regular readers - I've been struggling mightily for the past 18 months or so with anxiety and now depression.  To sign myself up for things that are not my norm, out of my comfort zone, sometimes on a school night, and are not part of my normal routine is terror-inducing for me.  But you know what I'm learning lately?!  I can try things....and if they don't work for me - I DON'T HAVE TO DO THEM!  Isn't that crazy that I'm just learning this now, at 32?  So I'll check out the DVDs for a Monday night or two, and if it's too uncomfortable, I'll explain I can't continue coming.  I'll sign myself up for the BSF classes (they're free), and if I'm not enjoying myself and feeling miserable, I'll stop going.  Because I can do that.  Because I'm a beloved woman of God and I get to make choices for my own life.  Wheeee!

On a lighter note, I have some saved up cutesies and funnies for y'all:

Ryann told me one morning this week, over breakfast, that she'd dreamed the night before that Adam had red tops on his ears "but Adam didn't matter about it and Dad didn't matter about it".  O....K.....

Adam shared a scary dream this week.  He said his dream had scary monsters and he spit at a monster and then shook his butt at it. (Well....guess he's not so very afraid of monsters).  Then, someone in his dream told him he was cute and then he shot the monster. "I wasn't scared; I was bwave!"  O....K.....

Max shared importantly with me that Zoe like to be scratched by her bottom. "Literally, she likes be scratched by her butt...see?"  And then he scratched Zoe just ahead of her tail and her tail wagged wildly so I guess he was literally correct.

Adam has been dressing himself in the mornings for some time now.  On Wednesday, he shrugged his sweater on and I informed him it was on backwards. "No it's not!" I got in reply.  Then he folded down the front of the sweater to look and there was a tag looking back at him.  He got a really serious look on his face (moms, dads, caregivers - do you know the one when the child knows they are not right but they don't want to back down so they try to look really serious like all is right with the world when it clearly is not?) and said, "Oh....it's comfy this way."

Adam thinks the big truck-like apparatus that clears the ice at the hockey arena is called a Sam-bony.

Max got home from school today and told Deanna that the bus stank horribly.  In fact he said it smelled like "maneuver".

After we said prayer before eating our McDonald's dinner tonight, one or two of the kids grumbled about having to say prayer.  I cheerfully reminded them that we want to thank God for the blessing of a meal because some people wouldn't be getting to eat dinner that night.  Adam piped up, "And we have to thank mudder nation".  "Mudder nation?", I asked.  "Yes, mudder-nation who makes the twees and stuff."  I just said Mm-hm and changed the subject.  I was too tired to talk about God vs. Mother Nature, etc. this evening.

Comments

Popular Posts