Sticky Note Stitches (posing as Fridge Funnies)

It's high time for some Fridge Funnies!! Except this time, I jotted the little things I wanted to remember on sticky notes instead of on the fridge calendar so maybe I'll call them Sticky Note Stitches. 

First off - here was some playtime interaction between all three Snippets that made me smile (a. because it was just a cute interation and b. because once again, the kids are playing games I remember from my playground days!):

Max: "Hey Ryann, have you ever played the game "Oh bo skee wot in tottin"? Ryann: "No" Max: "I'll teach you. I taught Adam already. Ok, everyone get in a circle (I was in the kitchen so could only hear what was going on; I could not see). Ready, it's like this...Max starts singing "Oh bo skeeeeeeeee.....ok, Adam, apparently I need to teach you again, too."

Last weekend, we had a birthday party for Ryann. She invited seven friends and all were able to come. The boys got very excited when the guests started arriving and I don't remember who started this but pretty soon, each time a car pulled into the driveway, either Max, Adam, or both would call out, "Girl ahoy!!!"

Recently, Ryann reached for her toothbrush in our previously described disgusting toothbrush holder.  She spied the boys' nasty brushes and grumped, "Eeeeeewwww!  Max and Adam are so gross!!"  I couldn't help it; I laughed out loud and said, "Ry, that's probably not the last time you're going to say that in your life."

While folding laundry the other night, Stu asked Adam if he'd like to help.  Adam gamely agreed and was folding some washcloths.  Then, he moved on to a bath towel.  He struggled to fold it and started to get frustrated.  Stu gave him a few pointers and eventually he got it.  Then he sighed, "Whew.  That was a biggie."

Max was working on homework the other night and I was puttering around the living room, cleaning up and closing the shades for the night.  I began singing "Baby Beluga" while moving around but only got about one line in before Max yelled, "Mom, please stop!  Your singing infiltrates my concentration!!"

Today, Adam and I visited the library while Max and Ryann were at school.  One of the books Adam chose to borrow is called "Tiny the Snow Dog".  All three kids and I settled down on the couch this afternoon to read it.  We got to the second page:

and Max announced, "Oh, this is an imitation of Clifford."  Do first graders say that stuff?  I guess mine does :)

A Photos of the Day catchup coming soon....stay tuned.....

Comments

Wow! "Infiltrates"! He has an incredible vocabulary!

Popular Posts