Catch up and other stuff

Dear Lovely Readers,

I've had a rough week this week.  I don't think I'll go into details now.  Those of you who are close to me in real life know what I've been going through and I'm not ready to divulge such intimate information to the entire world.  But, the best part of this week is that I made it through it and did it quite gracefully if I do say so myself.  Because the week was a little rough, I was unable to post a photo each day but I did take a photo each day. 

At first, I wanted to make sure I posted my photo of the day each day because I thought otherwise I might forget to even take a photo but now that I'm into the habit, I think I'll not forget and so I'll post when I feel like it and have the time.

So here goes on the Photo-a-day Challenge catch up:

Day 25 "My throne for the evening" (I was prepping for a medical procedure the following day):

Day 26 "The view from here" (I was lying in bed recovering from the above-mentioned procedure and here's what I could see reflected back to me from the full length mirror on the back of our bedroom door):


Day 27 "Plant in motion" (I am blessed to live in a suburb of the Twin Cities where we have all kinds of places and opportunities to enjoy.  One of them is the Como Zoo and Conservatory.  I've wanted, for years, to go to the Conservatory on a blustery winter day and sit in the warm, steamy atmosphere and read a book.  You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to do but sometimes you just don't make things a priority.  Now I'm glad I waited because when I first got the idea in my head, I didn't have a fancy-pants camera to capture the beautiful things to look at there.  I'm going to post my favorite photo from today as my "Day 27" photo but I'm also going to share a few more because I really got quite a few shots I really like):
Doesn't it look like it's moving?  Almost makes me a little dizzy :)





Here are a few more of my favorite shots:











And now for some "fridge funnies" I've been saving up.  Sorry to disappoint but these are all Adam!  Max and Ryann have been so sweet lately and I need to be better about writing things down the moment I think of it or it's gone.  Too many things going on in this scatterbrain of mine right now.

Now, remember, when you read Adam's lines you must say them in your head with a cute baby-talk accent (e.g., place sounds like pwace).

A few mornings ago, Adam coughed.  He then informed me, "When I coughed, wetness came outta my nose.  So I pumped it back in again so it wouldn't get all over the place."  I thought his pumping his boogies back in was quite considerate of him.

We have a rule in the Stewart house regarding eating meals.  Maybe I've shared it before.  We never force our kids to eat everything on their plate but they must try at least one bite of everything and, sometimes, if they've eaten barely anything, we insist they take a few bites of the thing on their plate that is most palatable for them.  I don't remember what we insisted Adam take a bite of but he was not a fan and exclaimed, "This tastes horrible!"  Let me tell you - hearing that phrase from a 3 and a half year old with a baby-talk accent is gut-busting.

Again, I don't remember the exact details of what was going on but I jotted down on my fridge note that I asked Adam, "What happened?  Did it overflow?"  Adam responded, "No.  It almost splatted out."  Splitting hairs or something lost in the interpretation; I'm not sure?  A distinct possibility is that Adam wasn't sure what I meant by "overflow" since he pronounces it "underflow".  The kid's a real optimist/glass half full kinda guy.

Adam is still plaguing Stu and I with nighttime shenanigans.  He either gets out of bed a million times to tell us he can't sleep, ask questions, make requests, or he lies in his room and kicks his feet against the wall and talks and sings so loudly, it drives us nuts!  Adam and Max share a room so my heart just hurts for Max having to lie there and listen to that but he has never once complained about it at the time and has only once or twice mentioned, in the morning, that he had difficulty falling asleep because of Adam.  Anywho, last night, Adam was whooping it up in his bedroom and Stu stomped down the hall and flung the door open to chastise him.  Things immediately became silent and then Stu heard, "Snnnnorrrt-choooo, ssssnnooorrrt-choooo, sssnnnooorrtt-choooo".  Adam was fake snoring!!!!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Love your blogging. You will be so glad you wrote down the cute kid stuff. Even your kids will be glad, though it may take awhile.

Oh my gosh, the flower pictures are beyond gorgeous. You are a photographer for sure!!

Keep it all coming!!

Judy G.....neighbor and FRIEND
I have been thinking of you this week and hope you are doing okay. *hugs*

I LOVE the conservatory photos - beautiful!!

And I hope the procedure went off without a hitch. ;)
Grammie Pammie said…
Love the picture with the rocks and water flowing - all so pretty. Always makes me wish I had a "fancy pants" camera of my own!! :-)
Chris said…
What a great week of pictures!

Not a lot of people can make art from a toilet -- well done!

Your plant in motion is fantastic, what a great shot!

(every sentence so far has ended with an exclamation point -- you must be doing something right) !

It's certainly not my place to pry into your personal business, but I sincerely hope that things are getting better for you.

!

Popular Posts