The Countdown Begins

Tomorrow will be a new year, a fresh start.  We have some fun things planned already for 2012 - our first ever family vacation with just Stu and me and the kids (a road trip to Thermopolis, Wyoming) and Stu's participation in something called the Warrior Dash (you can bet your bottom dollar, I'll be there capturing it all on not-film/SD card?). 

I also have something fun planned just for me.  I know that the next year may contain days of struggles as I slowly work towards good health for myself so to offset day after day of striving that won't always be fun, I have planned a New Year's resolution that will mean day after day of striving to achieve something that should be fun.  Each day this year, I will take at least one photo.  I didn't realize until after I'd decided on this course of action, that this year is a Leap Year, so that means I will post 366 photos (if I achieve my goal) for your viewing pleasure.  I can't promise that all the photos will be good, though knowing myself I will be striving for something cool each day, but I do pledge to try my best not to forget to take a photo any of the days in 2012.  I'll even try to take photos that represent something, some thing, some occurrence, some feeling, of the day.

I don't want to wish time away since I'm watching my kids grow like vines before my eyes and I feel myself growing just a little slower each day, but I am glad that 2011 is almost over.  It was one of the most challenging and trying years of my life. 

And I'm thankful for it.

Lots of things have happened to me that have been tough and I've made lots of choices in my life that I'm not happy about, but I wouldn't change a thing or take any experience back, because they've all shaped me and made me who I am today.

Wishing you all a blessed and fruitful (no matter what form it comes in) 2012.

Comments

What a sweet family photo!

Let's hope 2012 brings a lot of happiness to all of our lives. :)

Popular Posts