Cousin Nadia Comes To Visit!

...Oh, and her parents, Jenna and Omar, were there too :)

My cousin Jenna whom I used to babysit, along with her three brothers, when they were younger, moved to Florida with her parents about nine or so years ago.  I've only seen them a few times since then.  Sadly, I've never made it to Florida yet, though I really want to!  Jenna, Omar, and their sweet-as-can-be baby girl, Nadia, were able to quickly flit to Minnesota for a long weekend and I hustled to get some time on their visit calendar.  Originally, we were going to meet at our grandparent's house but unfortunately my grandma came down with a bad cold so we last minute switched the venue to my house!  I invited my cousin Brittany, her kids, and her stepmom (Auntie Chris!) over, too.  Which meant I had to leave work a little early, run to get the kids from daycare, and then scramble to get the house looking halfway decent.  It all worked out and the cousins got to play together (or wrestle with Omar...which is what my kids mostly did...which was very loud and obscene but they don't get to do it very often and Omar said he didn't mind so I mostly let it go).  Unfortunately, I didn't catch Tiana, the oldest cousin, in the group photo but here are - Max, Ryann, Adam, Riley, and Nadia:


Ryann left the group to try to get Nadia and the little boys to look at the camera and smile all at once...


It was a valiant effort.

Then, Adam got hot and like his Grandpa Tom, suddenly needed to strip off his shirt.  Then, he stole Omar's hat and proudly wore it.

I snapped a quick picture of Jenna to prove she was here and then I had to put down the camera to snuggle the cutie-oootest, snuggly babies in the house (I still consider Riley a baby even though he's a ginormous 15 month old).

Comments

Popular Posts