Adam....oh my Adam!

This young man keeps Stu and I in stitches, CONSTANTLY.  Here is just a sampling of his Adam-ness from the past few days (now remember, you must read Adam's words in sweet baby talk in your head):

1. While Stu was cleaning out the boys' closet this weekend, Adam stood by and watched.  He caught sight of the Baptism gown that my mom and I sewed all by ourselves, hanging at one end of the closet and exclaimed, "I can see my wedding dress!"

2. I try to keep all the myriad toys, art supplies, and stuff we have stored in different bins.  Last night, we went into the "card bin" to find a game to play.  Max and I pulled out War and were merrily playing away.  When our game was finished, I went downstairs to check on Adam and found that he'd merrily strewn nearly every card from the "card bin" all over the basement floor.  When asked why he would do such a thing, Adam responded, "Oh...I don't know.  It's a long story."

3. Max and I played our first game of Words With Friends against each other last night.  Adam was heartbroken that he couldn't have a turn.  I explained to him that when he was a little older and could spell, he could play the game too.  He retorted, "I know how to spell 'egg'!"  Stu and I looked at each other in amazement and asked, "You do?  How do you spell 'egg'?" To which Adam proudly responded, "A-D-A-M."

4. While helping Adam get his PJs on after showering last night, he randomly asked me, "Remember me when the plumber was here?"  I told him I remembered when the plumber was here a few weeks ago but didn't specifically remember what Adam was doing at the moment.  He reminded me, "I said to the guy, 'Hi Adam!  I'm Adam!"  And he's right.  The plumber's name was Adam and I do now recall Adam saying that.  I praised Adam for having such a good memory and he said, "Yeah (thoughtfully)....I have good times.  Specially when babysitters are here.  Except when they tell me to stand in the corner when I'm naughty."

And that's my baby boy.  He's somethin' special.  He's going to grow up to be very important, even if it's just being really important to his family.

Comments

Popular Posts