Stories by: Max and Adam

On the way to pick Ryann up from preschool today, I was telling the boys how I thought the rest of our afternoon and evening was going to go.  When I finished, Max asked me if I would tell them a story while we drove.  I told him that I had a headache and needed to concentrate on driving so couldn't tell one.  So he asked if he could tell us a story.  Of course I was fine with that.  His story cracked me up so I whipped out my iPod Touch at the next stoplight and recorded a voice memo of what he told me so that I could retell it correctly here:

"A long, long time ago, back in the dinosaur ages, there lived a cave family and they were called the Stewarts.  The owners of the cave were Sheri and John.  They had three kids named Adam, Max, and Ryann.  The youngest, Adam, had a cataract in his eye and he was going to get it fixed the next day.  So they hunted around for a good restaurant and they found one, called McDonald's.  And since the oldest caveboy, Max, had hockey that night, they picked up Ryann the cavegirl from preschool and went right to McDonald's to get the food.  They went home, ate that, and than Max, Ryann, and Adam played for a little bit in the [new] bunkbed.  Then Max went to hockey.  When he got home, Ryann and Adam were having a show because they'd played with Dad and had their baths.  Then they all brushed their teeth and went to bed."

After Max finished his story, Adam wanted in on the action.  Unfortunately, I did not create a voice memo repeating his story to myself because by the time he finished, we'd arrived at Ryann's preschool.  I do remember that his story was similar to Max's but not nearly as polished and that he described the cataract, not by calling it a cataract but by saying that the little boy, Adam, had a "cwoud" (cloud) in his eye that the doctor was going to fix.  When he finished, I asked him, "Is that what it looks like to you Adam?  Like there's a cloud in your eye?"  He answered yes. 

After tomorrow - no more cloud in the right eye!  The left one is growing cloudier by the day but that too shall be fixed soon.  By this summer, Adam will be ready to rock and roll, sportin' his specs.

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
too funny! Praying the surgery goes well, please keep me posted with updates!
Grammie Pammie said…
a "cwoud" in his eye - ohhh, makes me want to cry. Sweet boy! I am so praying with all of my heart for him this morning......

Popular Posts