More self-therapy

You know what a drunk-call is?  Or a drunk-text?  I'm about to write a pissed-off-e-mail.  Instead, I'll compose the e-mail here, never to be sent, so as to avoid embarrassment and/or self-sabotage.

Dear So-and-so,

I worked very hard to help my beloved family member (and yours) in the way that I felt most comfortable. Your harsh words and even ruder e-mail drove home to me that you felt that what I'd done was not good enough.  In fact, you deemed what I'd planned as so sub-par that it proved I don't love them as much as you do.  You insinuated that if I did not cancel what I'd planned, I was running the risk of impinging on the "much bigger, better" thing you were planning.  If that were to happen and our loved ones were adversely financially impacted, I would be to blame.  After your terrible treatment, I felt I had no choice but to cancel what I had planned.  I floated my beautiful fliers which I had worked so hard on into the recycle bin.  I'd stayed up late, working with my husband, to craft a flier which started with the sweet graphic that my graphic designer friend created out of the goodness of her heart.  I included a beautiful, heart-wrenching photo that I had taken.  I wrote words straight from my heart to help people understand the need.  I will forever regret that I once copied you on an e-mail containing my flier. Because apparently, though my idea was sub-par, my flier was not.  You apparently felt free to steal my flier and alter it for your purposes.  You kept the most beautiful pieces - the graphic design, my photograph, and my words and added your own event to it.  The least you could have done after treating me so poorly would have been to give me a heads up regarding your plans.  I'm assuming it would have been way too much to ask for you to request my permission to use my, my husband's, and my friend's work.


Sincerely,
Sheri 

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
Nice... you ready to move to Quincy yet? HAHA jk

Popular Posts