Stewart Family Potty Training; Day 7 and other snippets of Stewart life

Sweet success!  Rags has not had an accident in the house in what seems like a long time.  He continues to either stay outside, gated in the kitchen, or in his kennel.  He has definitely been whining and barking when he wants to go out but I am still afraid to let him have the run of the house. 

Adam has only had a few accidents in his undies in the past few days and yesterday, after dinner, he POOPED in the potty!  He was so proud and got to have two M&M's for his effort.

I envision we will be a house free of pottying anywhere but toilets and yards by the end of the summer!

We are having some stressful times in our house right now.  As always, this sent me running to the bookstore.  I came home with several self help books and some fiction ones as well (both types should help me reduce my stress).  I am constantly driven to be in control of my life and my family's life and the more knowledge I can get to help me make sure life is going the way I think it should, the better I feel.  I know this isn't the healthiest and that I need to let go since I am definintely not in control, no matter how hard I try to be, but it's part of my personality and hard to stop.

Our good friend from college, Joe, just moved back to Minnesota after living in Las Vegas for over a year.  We had him over for dinner tonight and it was good to catch up.  He's one of those friends who you can lose touch with for months and then reconnect with and you feel like no time has passed.  Those are the good kind of friends to have; especially when you have young children and barely any time for yourself or for you and your spouse, much less for you and your friends.

Max gets so excited when men come to visit.  He loves to romp and wrestle and yell and tickle and be crazy.  I told him at one point to give Joe a rest for a second and let him drink his pop.  Max then asked if he could please have some pop, without caffeine, since it was so close to bedtime.  I told him I didn't think we had any pop in the house without caffeine.  Joe looked at me, mildly stunned, and asked, "Do five year olds usually know what caffeine is?!"  Puffed up with pride, I said, "Well, mine does...Max, tell Joe what caffeine is".  He proudly responded, "It's stuff that can make you sick when you drink it unless you're over 21".  Um, oops.  I said to Max, "Oh, actually, that's alcohol you're thinking of.  You can drink things with caffeine in them when you're younger than 21 but it makes you really hyper and unable to sleep and it's not really good for your body."  He accepted that and there was no more talk of drinking pop.

While Adam was in the bathtub tonight, he filled up the cup I use to rinse hair with and took a swig of bath water.  I said, "Oh, Adam, don't drink that, it's yucky" and he looked at me with a serious face and a deadpan voice and stated, "Itsch (It's) dewishush (delicious)".  Okkkkk....didn't know he knew that word.

Comments

Popular Posts