Late-spring snippets

Lately, Adam has picked up a little behavior from his older siblings that is HYSTERICAL.  I will try to catch it on film (i.e. memory card) or better yet, on videotape.  When he is upset about something, he crosses his arms with a "harumph" motion and lowers his head and looks up at you from under his furrowed brow and utters, "Not fa-ew!"  (Translation: "Not fair!")

Ryann desperately wants to learn to read like her big brother Max so we've been playing with flash cards and practicing identifying letters and letter sounds in books and on toys, etc.  She is doing pretty well but doesn't remember all the letter sounds 100% of the time so she's not quite ready to read yet!  She may be like her big brother, though, and catch on before Kindergarten.

Stu and I were talking at the dinner table the day after Ryann's dance recital and commenting on how certain parents were yelling out their daughter's names as the groups were coming onto the stage (in the pitch dark) to prepare for the next dance in the lineup.  I asked Max, "Should I yell out your name when you're on the football field playing your games when you're older?"  Max promptly responded, "Don't yell for me, Mom.  Just cheer for the team".  Where do they learn these things?  They melt my heart and give me hope that there is good left in this messed-up world.  Stu was so proud, he used it as a topic for the football team.

Yes, indeedy, football season has begun.  Practice started last week.  It's definitely not as intense as during "football season-proper" but I have already begun my 2010 football widowdom.  Go Panthers.  I expect the team to perform well due to the sacrifices we football coaches' wives make!

Comments

Gosh, Adam's eyes are so blue! :)

Love the new pics.

Your kids are awesome and brilliant.

Football practice already??

Popular Posts