"Knock-knock"

Have you ever taught the kids in your life something that you thought would be cute and then quickly realized that decision was rather dim on your part? In my case, I taught Max a Knock-knock joke that goes like this:

Knock-knock

Who's there?

Banana

Banana who?

Knock-knock

Who's there

Banana

Banana who?

Knock-knock....in adult world, you would repeat this, say, three times.

Finally:

Knock-knock

Who's there?

Orange!

Orange who?

Orange you glad I didn't say banana?!

This was so cute the first 35 times Max repeated it. I still feign amusement but we're up to about 1,368 repitions after a few months now. Ryann still doesn't quite get it right. After she's decided she's repeated the final knock-knock and you've answered, Who's there?, she just blurts "Orange you glad it's not banana?!" or some variation. This joke has been repeated so often in our house - even the 22 month old is trying to tell it:

ARGH! I can't get the video to embed in this post so see the post above for the video I'm referring to :)

Thanks!!

Comments

LOL! Your kids are too cute. Love the new header picture!!

Popular Posts