Sometimes I cave

According to all the books I've read and wisdom I've gleaned from my elders who have already finished their parenting stint, it is NOT GOOD to cave in to your children.  Especially if you've already told them no.  I must admit, I'm a bit of a hardcore parent.  I rarely do cave and sometimes wonder if I'm a little too strict.  For example, over our holiday break, our children were allowed one, maybe two treats each day; that's it!  Speaking with some of my coworkers, it sounds like their children were allowed to snack a little more freely while we were off work.  We limit our kid's intake of junk food because we prefer they ingest good, healthy foods and not fill up on crap.  To be completely honest, it's not as if we provide them with veggies and hummus at every snack time.  They definitely eat their share of cereal or Cheezits or fruit snacks but we limit their intake of stuff like cookies, cake, bars, etc.  But really, it's Christmas/New Year's.  This only happens once a year.  Probably Stu and I could ease up a little bit now and then.  Ok, I got off track.  What I really meant to say was, despite the fact that I decided just a few days ago that I was not going to allow Adam to have books in his crib anymore since he destroys the vast majority of his night time reads, tonight I caved.  In my defense, rather than asking, "Unh, unh, unh" for a book, Adam asked "Boo, boo, boo".  How could I resist?!  He already knows my weaknesses.  I'm in trouble.

Comments

Nikki and Bryan said…
and how did that go? Did the book get destroyed?
Sheri said…
The book survived!

Popular Posts